Saturday, March 31, 2007
Beer Batter for Fish
(could probably be used for onions or other veggies as well)
1/2 cup flour
seasoning salt to taste
pinch onion powder
pinch garlic powder
1 tablespoon melted butter
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup beer
1 egg white, beaten to stiff peaks
2 lbs firm whitefish- cod, pollock, etc.
1. Sift flour with seasonings. Add butter and egg, and slowly add beer. Finally, fold in the beaten egg whites, stirring until smooth.
2. Let stand for 1 hour on the counter.
3. Preheat hot grease to 375ºF.
4. Dip pieces of fish into batter, shaking off excess. Fry until golden brown.
5. To keep hot until serving, place cooked pieces on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray in a 200ºF oven. Fish will hold for about 30 minutes in oven.