Monday, March 05, 2007
Grilled Wild Boar Chops
4 wild boar chops
2 lemons -- juiced
zest of 1 lemon
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup fresh rosemary, chopped
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. salt and pepper the chops.
2. place chops in roomy, non-metal container so each chop lays flat.
3. whisk all ingredients (sans chops) for marinade.
4. pour marinade over chops.
5. cover and refrigerate at least (4) hours, turning every hour or so.
6. prepare grill/fire for direct heat on hi.
7. sear chops on both side for 2 minutes.
8. turn heat down or place chops on cooler part of grill for remaining cooking.
9. Close lid and cook about (5) mins on each side for medium rare.
10. let chops rest at room temp for (10) mins before serving.